Saturday, July 10, 2010

Friends (again)

Zoe turns 3 in 48 minutes. Wow. I remember her 1st birthday at the park with 6 friends and their parents. Last year, we'd only lived here 1 month and just had family over. This year, Zoe has 4 friends coming-- that's special.
Today I went to a birthday party for Zoe's friend, Norah. Norah's mom had her college friends and their kids there. I was envious. I am a little yearn-y for friends with these requirements:
1. Proximity
2. Children similar age as mine
3. Value similar things/ideas
4. Able to be (and be loved for) completely myself
Maybe it's just around the corner. I know the fact that Seth and I have moved several times in 7 years hasn't helped. I know feeling a disconnect from my family magnifies the situation.
I love my kids and husband so much I just want to share them.
My sister moved about 7 years ago and she and her husband have made such a great circle there, I admire her. I'll report back in 6 years with a status report. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment